LittleRP2 Information

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
Jaidek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LittleRP2 Information

Postby Jaidek » Fri May 05, 2017 12:55 pm

I believe 1.0.075 is the last free version that was released. What is on the LittleRP support page is 1.0.036.

Here's a link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/537 ... 0.0.75.zip

cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cooly » Sat May 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi Brad,

Nitros asked me if MonoWare can work with LittleRP and I answered as below.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5934&p=17745#p17745

However writing here might be better to get the information since you're a manufacturer of the printer. If you think this is a good option for littleRP, I can configure the firmware to work with LittleRP and get feedbacks from your customers.

Thanks!

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Sat May 06, 2017 3:51 pm

cooly

Postby cooly » Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 am

Thanks Brad,

So I understand the base board from Sparkfun is same as Arduino Uno in terms of pinouts and software, correct? If so, configuring firmware should be very easy. And I'd like to confirm that the pins used in LittleRP are as below.

Z-limit (P11)
Z-direction (P07)
Z-step (P04)

Is there any pins used that I need to consider?

Thanks.
Yun

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 am

You might need to account for enable pin on the stepper drivers.

cooly

Postby cooly » Fri May 12, 2017 2:53 pm

cooly

Postby cooly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 am

Hi Brad,

Is LittleRP2 still using Grbl 0.8a? Seems like the commands are different between 0.8 vs newly released 1.1a.

Thanks.
Yun

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:01 pm

All LittleRP's have shipped with .8a correct , there were some code changes causing issues with .9 for awhile so I never updated it. For folks to take advantage of the endstops they would need to go to a higher version though. I do use the standard GRBL pinout though and leave the bootloader on the boards (so xloader works etc) so updating the version of GRBL should be relatively easy.

Side note, I just uploated the self-source vat DXF's for the foam / fep. And linked to a guide showing which mounting posistions are for what projector on the base plate.

cooly

Postby cooly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:56 pm

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:46 am

Since the LittleRP uses tr8*8, backdriving the axis manually seems more convenient / consistent than using homing for the most part. I think the homing switch included now is more of an option for if you are running a vat without an underplate or want it to home after the print is done to aid in resin draining.

The .9 problems were anecdotal (may have even been later version of the .8) but I believe seemecnc was having some banding issues and it was related to something that changed the motor control so I just kind of stayed away. Changing firmwares would make troubleshooting a little more complicated on my end having a mix of printer configs out there so it is a little selfish on my part as well :)