LittleRP2 Information

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
goopyplastic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LittleRP2 Information

Postby goopyplastic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:45 pm

@redbeard, I have changed the store so just sit tight. I should have the items up for sale in a day or so.

In the meantime, some build guides:

http://imgur.com/a/ujMIq - LittleRP2 Expanded Build Area Option Build Guide (descriptions in progress)
http://imgur.com/a/tlTSK - LittleRP2 Tall Variant Build Guide
http://imgur.com/a/Z1Eb6 - LittleRP2 Integrated Vat Build Guide

Everything looks good at this point, one more guide in the works will show how the high tension option works on the vats. Basically you can move from the integrated tensioner to a traditional style if you find yourself wanting to run a higher tension on your vat.

Here is a little out of date development log of the high tension option for those curious: http://imgur.com/a/afo7p the final version is very similar.

cerriousdesign
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cerriousdesign » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Can I just upgrade my LRP1 to allow for the new vats. Or can I just use HTL's or the LRP's new vat design on the old version. I want to take advantage of the new vats if I can.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Yes, the LittleRP can be adapted minimally to allow the new vats. HTL's V5 I don't believe will require any modification as it retains the cutouts that the petri hold downs used in addition to having the new two side hold downs that are used on the LittleRP2. The LIttleRP2 style vats will require a new mid plate. You can still use petris and older HTL vats on the LittleRP2, you would just need to mount the mirror holder using the original style hardware, the holes spacing is still the same.

This is an older example of LittleRP2 style vat on a LittleRP(1): http://imgur.com/a/yoYyl but the current version is basically the same.

fponticelli

Postby fponticelli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Supposing I have a H6510BD (I do), is there any hope for me with the new LittleRP2?

babymaker

Postby babymaker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Is the Acer X152H be supported natively without modification on the LRP2? I recall a reviewer of the LRP1 had used this projector but needed to modify in order to focus.

dovoto

Postby dovoto » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Will we be able to fit the little RP2 expanded build kit onto the little RP1 (with modifications of course and no increase in z)? Does that kit come with a vat? Just curious as its time to order some new FET material for mine and a bigger build volume has been the one thing I've been hindered by with the RP1.

Awesome to see this kit still being built on.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:33 am

@dovoto , yes you can the eba kit is meant for both the short and the tall versions it doesn't matter. The Z is about 85mm on the short version so it's a little tight depending on what you are printing. You can also use a seemecnc vat instead of the expanded lrp2 printed vat the spacing is the same. Bigger build volume comes with it's own set of challenges, increased physical forces, slower cure times .. so I'm not selling a kit that is only the expanded size because I think people will have a better experience if they get comfortable with the easier and small build area first, but if you understand this I can make up something custom for people who want it. The lrp1 to lrp2 upgrade kit I will offer I haven't fully decided what to include, there may be a couple options of different completeness, I'm open to suggestions.

Also the initial source files for the LittleRP2 are up on github:

I will be populating the readme with documentation / links etc.

Here is a short lrp2 with the eba

dovoto

Postby dovoto » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:06 am

Wow...that looks really nice.

I never have figured out how to mount the projector to the supplied base (the holes dont seem to match so it is just sort of propped up with shims at the moment...an x152h)....completely off topic, but why did you not go with a vertical mount and make the thing tall?

An ideal upgrade kit for me would be a new back piece, new base, and the rp2 eba kit (I have a cnc mill so I can make most of the stuff if needed)....with everything else reused.

The concern for build times, forces etc are valid ones...ideally you could just slide the projector in and reduce your build size and gain a bit of dpi (and mitigate some of those concerns when starting out).

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:51 pm

The LittleRP1 didn't have holes for the X152H, you could print out the dxf for the new base from github and overlay and drill the new holes. One tricky thing with the X152H is that it needs a little extra height depending on which set of holes you use. The front set of holes you need an extra 1 layer of mdf, you would use the square base in this scenario the standard M5x16 for the base will hold in this scenario. If you use the rear set of holes, you will need 3 layers of mdf, so the square base plus 8 disc spacers. The LittleRP2 comes with 8 disc spacers and extra length M5 screws for this. However I imagine most people will be using for the forward set of holes on the X152H as they are going for maximum detail.

The printer gets really large if you do an underslung projector, the LittleRP was meant to be placed on a desk ... you would end up with something as big as a muve3d or b9 ... I tried but never liked what I was turning out design wise. The mirror does add a little complexity to getting things aligned but it isn't tooo bad. Things do get a little complicated when you want to support small and large projections with a mirror, small projections require a small mirror be placed close to the projector ... so you can't just add a bigger mirror as the distance to the vat would increase and not allow a small projection.

Keeping compatibility with the LittleRP1 and keeping in mind that most users will primarily use the small projection led to the swap-able mid plates versus some type of adjustable geometry.

sealclubber

Postby sealclubber » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:55 pm

If you are open to suggestions for the lrp1-lrp2 upgrade kit maybe have a choice for both a normal one and one with the eba kit... maybe options for the expanded build height too. Now that the source files are up though I might start messing around with carpentry so I can build the larger frame and midplate