LittleRP2 Information

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LittleRP2 Information

Postby cooly » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Can I ask if Acer X152H has any issues for 25um resolution? You said it has less barrel distortion than Optoma HD37 since it does not use a macro lens for higher resolution. I remember when I try an affordable 1080p projector from Acer (H6510D), I saw a bit focus issue as well as bad uniformity. How about these issues with X152H? I want to get your advice before getting this projector myself for my printer.

Thanks!
Yun

RedBeard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RedBeard » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Is the optima better than the x152h for 25u? Also how much longer than three weeks until the kits begin to ship?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Optoma is worse in regards to distortion, but better in regards to being able to remove the uv filter for quicker cure times. If you are just printing rings on the central portion of the projection then it's probably fine but if you are wanting to print larger objects at 25micron the lack of distortion correction in creation workshop / nanodlp may be problematic.

The X152h is much cheaper, has excellent optics and the prints seemed identical to me... If you primarily want to print slow curing resins like b9 stuff, then X152h might require some patience.

The goal this weekend is to get as many kits boxed up for shipping.

kiroe

Postby kiroe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Any new prints from the LittleRP2 you can share? Is the print quality vastly different from the original LittleRP? Also, does it print larger objects well?

sealclubber

Postby sealclubber » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 am

Brad I wanted to say thanks again for making the plans for this bad boy open source. I started to redesign the back, side, and bottom panels so I can 3d print them on my FDM, after that I will probably just buy the EBA to save myself a shitload of hassle, and to support you. I can't believe I am actually able to do this. I'm sick of proprietary crap and this is a godsend for this hobby.

Side question: Any ETA on the EBA kit?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:16 am

Been fighting the cold / flu lately which has pushed kit shipping to this weekend.

@kiroe - I haven't had time to print lately as been focusing on getting the kits ready to go. Once things die down a little I want to start some more of the 25 micron prints in other materials like deep black etc. There is no reason you couldn't get similar print results from a LittleRP with HTL v5 vat as you do on the LittleRP2, LittleRP2 is more about flexibility and features, at the core they are the same printer.

With the EBA it prints larger objects about the same as it does with the smaller, the pixels are a little more visible, however the failure rate will be higher on larger parts just due to the increased physical forces involved. This is partly why I don't want to kit a version that is only the EBA sized kit, it will be a bit easier for someone to use the EBA if they have first used the standard version successfully first.

Here are some EBA sized prints from development:
http://imgur.com/a/XUTq3
http://imgur.com/a/luo7J
http://imgur.com/a/3vUpC
http://imgur.com/a/gcpWw
http://imgur.com/a/66sCs
http://imgur.com/a/FsVL4
http://imgur.com/RqdaAYj

kiroe

Postby kiroe » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks Brad! Those prints look amazing!

RedBeard

Postby RedBeard » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:49 pm

LittleRP 2 kits are shipping!!!! Also will more TEP films be available in the store in the future?

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 am

Just got my tracking number for the LittleRP2 Extended Height Kit! Wooha! Fingers crossed it arrives for the weekend. :D

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks for hanging in there with me!, it has been a bit longer than I anticipated.

For the curious, there are 20 kits total, 12 tall, 8 regular height. 14 have been purchased leaving 3 tall and 3 regular height (6 total) kits available currently. It makes much more sense to do things in parallel (LittleRP2 in particular would be a painful kit to make one at a time) so 20 kits were done at the same time. This means the leadtime for the remaining kits is down to a week now.

The first 7 kits will be dropped off at UPS today, 7 more will be packed and labeled for shipment this weekend. This weekend EBA orders will open which should go quite a bit faster, after those ship then work will transition towards LittleRP retrofit options. I will send out a survey to the LittleRP News list with some different options for folks to gauge interest of the various upgrade options and finalize on a few offerings.

One note, I increased the FEP / FOAM included in the kits from 2 sets to 3 sets as a courtesy :)

@redbeard - Yes I will offer FEP / FOAM in the store, flexvat.com LittleRP2 FEP / FOAM is also compatible with the self-source vat included with the kit.