LittleRP2 Information

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
RedBeard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LittleRP2 Information

Postby RedBeard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:09 am

The one thing I did notice are the holes for the projector are not labled. Do you plan on updating your resorces to reflect this?

Oh, and what shims tend to work best for 25 micros?
Thanks!

Also the Z arm doesn't move and it was connected prior to the power and USB. What's an easy way to make sure the software is installed correctly and there is no issue with the board?

sealclubber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sealclubber » Mon May 01, 2017 11:24 am

Any update on when the EBA kit will be available?

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Mon May 01, 2017 11:48 am

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm

I do test each completed board with a motor before shipping. Couple things to note / check:

1) The stepper drivers run in a silent mode, so you likely won't hear the motor / z arm move at all, it will just move.
2) You might need the virtual com port drivers. Installing the Arduino software will install these, but you can install them separately
3) Plugging in the motor or unplugging it while the dc power is inserted into the controller may damage the stepper driver. (This is true of most stepper driven 3d pritners)
4) Make sure you hit the save button after selecting the com port and baud rate in Creation Workshop.
5) Make sure the heatsinks don't shift and touch / short to the pins on the side of the stepper driver.
6) The power adapter plugs into the top shield, not the Arduino.

Here is a link to the virtual com port drivers:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

So you will want to check in your device manager that the com port has been installed correctly and is available with a com port number.
The firmware we use is just regular GRBL, so if you connect to the com port with an application that shows the conversation (like pronterface) the GRBL prompt should show, you can type a simple command like $ and GRBL will display it's settings.

I can do some videos if people would find it helpful.

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Mon May 01, 2017 4:59 pm

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Tue May 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Yianni-VJ

Postby Yianni-VJ » Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Just checking, Is the EBA kit compatible with LittleRP1?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed May 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Yianni-VJ

Postby Yianni-VJ » Wed May 03, 2017 9:10 pm

That makes sense, thanks, Brad.

I m gonna get the EBA for now, See if I can put something together myself temporarily, and revisit the available upgrade options once they are up in the store.

Mostly I want to have a closer look at the new VAT !

RedBeard

Postby RedBeard » Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 am

What's the newest version of CW that is compatible? The version on your support page is Painful when manipulating the models on the build plate?