Printing from raster slices

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rmichnovicz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Printing from raster slices

Postby rmichnovicz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to replicate a paper where they have a program that generates the slices for a 3D model, but not the 3D model itself. Currently, I have a script that that generates a series of images where each black or white pixel represents whether there is or isn't resin at a location, and each pixel is supposed to represent a square at the minimum resolution of the 3D printer, 40 microns X 40 microns I believe. I could make it another format if that were necessary. How could I 3D print these layers with the LittleRP? The software my lab uses currently only takes in 3D models.

Thanks.

goopyplastic

Re: Printing from raster slices

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:36 pm

nanodlp can take a series of png images as a source that might be a good option.