LittleRP casting resin show and tell

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
goopyplastic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LittleRP casting resin show and tell

Postby goopyplastic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 pm

I've been getting the LittleRP2 finalized and thought you might want to see some results of 25micron x/y/z prints in waxcast and b9 emerald.

http://imgur.com/HbhdM6u
http://imgur.com/WwELS10

hirenashra

Re: LittleRP casting resin show and tell

Postby hirenashra » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

I need my prints to come out exactly like these Brad.

Been really struggling with LRP1.

Nice results though.

Head-Zonk Studios

Postby Head-Zonk Studios » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:56 pm

I look forward to seeing what changed from the Beta to the final version.

I wish I could get my prints to come out that smooth.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Only really the vat, you could get prints identical to this with the see-me-cnc vat with the exception of occasional horizontal lines running through the print.

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Unlike the HTL vat, the See Me CNC vat has no seal. I take it the design has bypassed the use for a seal?

The vat has hooks on the side. Are they compatible with the LRP mounts?

Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Most impressive Brad.
The higher resolution all round gives detail that is very hard to beat.
Do you find the extra internal supports as being necessary when using wax cast?Do they help with the stability when printing? I am considering trying them out.
I have a similar base which I draw in Rhino and I use a single vertical stick which I draw right up the ring center.This seems to work with my set up.
I find Waxcast resin to be fantastic , especially when you want to cast in platinum.My local casters have issues with other metals and are reluctant to change anything to do with their burnout cycles.But platinum is no problem at all I think because of the different investment ,burnout procedure and the higher temperature reached.

babymaker

Postby babymaker » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:46 pm

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:23 pm