Recommendations for resins to replace Vorex

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Recommendations for resins to replace Vorex

Postby jon_bondy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 am

I just discovered that MakeSolid is gone, so I'm looking for resins to replace Vorex. Any recommendations?

goopyplastic

Re: Recommendations for resins to replace Vorex

Postby goopyplastic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 pm

It's a good question, aside from makerjuice It seems most people would next try spot-a, funtodo, or b9's resins. Are you looking for something that is easy to print like vorex, or is durability / flexbility what you are mainly going after?

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks!

Easy to print sounds good (who would say no to that?!?) I have never had a problem with Vorex's durability.

I found FunToDo on the web, but they seem to be only in the UK: the one US distributor that they mention does not seem to mention FunToDo. Puzzling.

I found the B9 site easily enough. What are the exposure times like?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:36 pm

It's not really obvious how to get the web store on funtodo's us distributor, but here is a link:
https://shop.studioqubed.com/

b9 resins will likely be slow curing as they are tailored for a dlp that doesn't have a uv/ir filter installed, makerjuice is actually quite fast of all the resins. all of the resins should be in the same ballpark of 1.5-12 seconds.

part of the issue with subsf , especially the littlerp version is the amount of pigment in it the more pigment the less resin so it gets to a point where there are some downsides with printing. one thing I think might be worth trying is getting unpigmented g+ and pigmenting it with dyes that won't have the issue of watering down the resin and as a bonus they don't settle, you lose the opaqueness though. I believe this is what G+ for moonray is, you might try the red version of that (blue won't really work on a non uv only light source).

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Some of the parts that I print require a bit of flexibility (a cantilevered spring). I wonder if the G+ would be the best fit for that particular application.

I ordered Black and White from FunToDo

Thanks!