LittleRP and Raspberry Pi 3

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nitros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LittleRP and Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Nitros » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible to upgrade my LittleRP with Raspberry Pi 3 to be able to use nanodlp software?

sgraber

Re: LittleRP and Raspberry Pi 3

Postby sgraber » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:06 am

Yup.
Research Chemist

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:14 am

Is it worth it?

seblos

Postby seblos » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Yup.

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:57 pm

seblos

Postby seblos » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 am

No, stop.

Mattasmack

Postby Mattasmack » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:15 pm

I run my LittleRP with a Raspberry Pi 3 and the Photonic3D software (previously known as Creation Workshop Host). Version 1.0.0 worked fine; the current version 1.0.5 isn't working for some reason I haven't figured out yet. But the problem is in software somewhere, not in the LittleRP. It didn't work well with an original Raspberry Pi; it needs the additional processing power of the later versions.

I haven't tried NanoDLP software but it should work fine as well. I'm intrigued by its ability to directly talk to the stepper driver. I currently run the printer through a RAMPS board, and it would be nice to control directly instead and eliminate one circuit board and one cable from the back of my printer.

I really appreciate how I no longer have to worry about ruined prints from screensaver turning on, my wife switching to her account on the computer, accidentally opening or dragging a window onto the projector's screen, etc. Main difficulty I have currently is lack of a z homing switch. Manually homing the build platform when the printer isn't right next to the computer is not convenient. Currently I use a small tablet so that I can stand at the printer while homing, but the buttons on the screen are small and I've accidentally lowered the platform 10mm when I meant 1mm, causing it to stretch out my flexvat's bottom. (Happily it didn't break!) Any day now I'm going to make a z endstop holder for the LittleRP.