my first print Uhmmm!

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nitros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my first print Uhmmm!

Postby Nitros » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:20 am

Here my first print a friend of my gave his projector to try, is 800 x 600 so i wasn't expecting a great print,
now i'm wondering is this result because of the projector or i set up something wrong so i can improve the result?
Attachments
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1695.JPG

Mattasmack

Re: my first print Uhmmm!

Postby Mattasmack » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Congrats! Getting anything at all out of the printer means you're on the way. That looks like the calibrationtarget_solid.stl file; if so then you've at least gotten something recognizable to start from.

Certainly something is wrong and you can improve on that result. You need to troubleshoot, but you will have to mostly do it on your own because nobody else knows as much about your setup as you do. Be methodical, change only one thing at a time, be patient. Write down what you do and the results you get so that you have a record to refer back to.

As a first guess, your projector is out of focus and/or very over-exposed. Remember the projector must focus on the vat bottom in the printer -- with the projector and (empty) vat both in position in the printer, images on the vat floor should be crisp. If your projector isn't attached firmly to the printer, once you have the focus right be careful not to bump either projector or printer out of position.