Considering a LittleRP and have some questions

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bogus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Considering a LittleRP and have some questions

Postby Bogus » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:24 pm

About every six months I get the urge to buy or build a DLP system, and I'm closer than usual this time around due to a potentially lucrative part request that my FDM printers just can't handle. LittleRP is a good looking system but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger, have some questions I'm hoping to get some clarity on:

1. How portable is it? The lasercut wood/acrylic/whatever base in the photos looks like it'd break easily if it was picked up the wrong way.

2. Has anyone built one with a Mitsubishi XD221 projector? I think I could get a freebie which is part of what's got me looking at DIY kits.

3. How do bad pixels affect the build? Pronounced hole/noodle or does the bad pixel get washed out by the ones next to it? Said projector is free for a reason...

4. What's the software situation like these days? Does it play nicely with nanoDLP? Untethered printing with a Pi or similar hardware? I'm getting the impression that the DIY world was hit hard when Creation Workshop went spendy.

5. The internet rumor mill says there's a LittleRP 2.0 in the works, is that something I could expect to see in the next couple of months? I'd rather not buy something and have it get immediately outclassed by an upgraded version.

cew

Re: Considering a LittleRP and have some questions

Postby cew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:53 pm

We have a couple of these printers- some answers:

1. Portable? Its best to unscrew the projector. The two parts are reasonably transportable. Then reattach and fine tune the focus which takes about 5 minutes.

2.XD2321 Don't know about this. But its likely to be a lot easier to work with one of the proven projectors regarding; UV exposure times, mounting points and method for repositioning the lens.

4. The more recent free versions of creation workshop: have supports, are proven and work well. I hope to try out the nanoDLP software to have a little more control over some of the exposure settings.

5. The current littlerp with petri dishes is great for testing different resins and printing small parts. Taller parts are likely better printed on a newer version with a flexvat.