resolutions you can achieve on littleRP

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
educa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

resolutions you can achieve on littleRP

Postby educa » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 pm

I wonder. If the buildsize of littleRP is 60x40, then if I calculate with a 1920x1080 projector, I get roughly 31 micron resolution.

Is that achievable with for example a acer P1500 of H6510BD ?

Or is a part of the dlp signal just lost?

Could somebody please tell what is "realistically" possible with a p1500 of H6510BD full hd DLP on the littleRP ?

Kind regards,

Bart

DanOrgan

Re: resolutions you can achieve on littleRP

Postby DanOrgan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:00 pm

I have got roughly 30 micron resolution with Acer P1500. 65,5 * 37 mm build area.
But It is only possible with the projector modification. Without mod, you can't focus properly to small area.

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:34 pm

You can modify the 1500, mine currently is on the second peg. Any instructions on how to do this?

cew

Postby cew » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:37 am

I've also got ~33um pixel 'resolution' with a modified 6510BD. The modifications allow small positive features to be printed to ~100um across about 90% of the build platform. The focus still deteriorates close to the left and right borders. To improve focus across the print area required a couple of straightforward modifications:

The lens assembly needed to be dropped down about 3mm. The method for this is described elsewhere in the forum and involves extending the holes in the plastic lens mount with a dremmel. The lens also needed to spaced out about 5mm with washers. The method has been described on the littlerp website for similar projectors. The projector is mounted at the 3rd hole with 3 vertical spacer disks at the rear and 4 at the front and the image zoomed down to give the smallest area. To fine tune the focus I use a usb microscope with the light filter from the kit in front of the projector to avoid frame rate issues.

educa

Postby educa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:35 am

And what would be the smallest possible resolution with a unmodified p1500 ?

cew

Postby cew » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:07 am

Using an unmodified 6150 (~1500) set up as per the little rp instructions the pixel 'resolution' was 38um. Focus was good along the lower edge and in the central regions. The image was progressively blurred in the rear corners.

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:36 am

With the 6510BD you will still have nasty UV variations across the build area, which can't be fully corrected, and will leade to areas which print overly thick, while other areas fail to cure.

ryanbahr

Postby ryanbahr » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Couldn't the variations be taken care of with a mask?