First layer sticks to flexvat instead of build plate. Help.

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PuffPed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First layer sticks to flexvat instead of build plate. Help.

Postby PuffPed » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:26 am

I'm using the Vorex orange and an X152H projector (modified).
First 10 layers at 6000ms. I stop it after 2-3 layers and it's stuck really good to the flexvat. Have to pry it off with gloved fingernail. My build plate is scored and roughed up.

What am I missing here? Is the vat too tight? Too loose? For layer zero, should I press the build plate right into the vat? Leave a bit of space?

Any advice on flexvat calibration would be welcomed.

Thanks.

mrelhashemy

Re: First layer sticks to flexvat instead of build plate. Help.

Postby mrelhashemy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:51 pm

the same happened with me, it's all about the "Z Lift Distance" and the "Z Lift Speed" , try to make them lower. I think that in lift distance it would be better <5mm and the lift speed to be <100 mm/m

DanOrgan

Re: First layer sticks to flexvat instead of build plate. Help.

Postby DanOrgan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:09 am

You need to press your platform all the way down to vat surface.
I have tried to print with low-tension and hi-tension and can't see any difference regard to "stuck to FEP" issue.
I think, that exposure time is more important. And the brightness settings of your projector are important too. Try to lower one or both of those.