Best projector for LittleRP? - Tried Acer H6510BD and it's fuzzy at the corners and upper part

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PuffPed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Best projector for LittleRP? - Tried Acer H6510BD and it's fuzzy at the corners and upper part

Postby PuffPed » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:05 am

Hey all.

I have a littleRP and an Acer H6510BD. The projector died after a few hours of use, so it's going back to Amazon.
I wasn't very happy with it anyway. The top 1/5 of the image was out of focus, and also the top left and right corners.

Which HD projector are you using?
Do you get a sharp image across the build area?

Thanks.

nalmeida

Re: Best projector for LittleRP? - Tried Acer H6510BD and it's fuzzy at the corners and upper part

Postby nalmeida » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:17 am

I have an Acer P1283 which focus very well. I have no problematic areas while printing.

goopyplastic

Re: Best projector for LittleRP? - Tried Acer H6510BD and it's fuzzy at the corners and upper part

Postby goopyplastic » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 pm

The P1500 / H6510BD seem to suffer from some focus issues at the border, particularly the upper left in my experience. The LittleRP prints typically focus on the center of the build plate, but with tilt and flex vats more of the build area is usable so this has become more of a concern.

There are a few threads on this forum where users have shifted the optics and it seems to help. I have been testing additional projectors and I think the acer x152h will fix these focus issues but it does require shimming the optics like most other projectors. I have updated projector bases and instructions as this will be a supported projector with the LittleRP+ / MiddleRP and what I will recommend for those willing to modify a projector.

If you want 1080p and to not have to modify the projector, I don't currently have a direct replacement.

cew

Postby cew » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:29 am

I also had similar problems when setting up an Acer 6510BD.

To improve the extent of the focus I moved the projector back to the 3rd hole with 3 spacers and slightly 'over' focused the central and lower region. My eye sight is dodgy so I used a usb microscope to help fine tune the focus using the grid pattern. The highest resolution I can get with this projector position is about 40um xy. When using most of the build width I also increase the exposure by about 20%. I still avoid placing detailed prints in the top left and right corners and hope to try shifting the optics later. Otherwise the print quality and build area has been excellent compared to the projet 1200 I use at work.