First few layer sticks, but the next will detach and peel off

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PuffPed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First few layer sticks, but the next will detach and peel off

Postby PuffPed » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:25 pm

So my first layer is stuck nicely on the build plate, but then the next layers will detach or peel off during print.
This is LittleRP with Flexvat using MakerJuice green, cure time of 14s for first 10 layers and then 5s for the rest.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Scatterplot

Re: First few layer sticks, but the next will detach and peel off

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Your title says "first few layers" but your text says only the first layer. Is it literally only one layer, or is it a thin stack of your first few layers?

If the latter, increase the 5 seconds until it starts sticking reliably.

PuffPed

Postby PuffPed » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:08 pm

I am actually not sure if it's literally one layer, or several. They are so thin it's hard to say.
I will increase the layer time and see what happens.
Thanks.

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 am

Sounds like that's not a good solution. 14 seconds exposure? Isn't that super long?

I was just reading this:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4896&p=14022&hilit=base+won%27t+stick#p14022

Sounds like over exposure may be part of the issue.

I'm currently having this problem too, also using the flexvat and MakerJuice, but in Orange. I was starting to suspect the orange pigment being to blame. Since I increased the exposure time, I'm now seeing the cloudiness that's referred to in the thread I've linked to.

I ordered some petri dishes, and I'm going to try the resin that came with the LittleRP instead of this MakerJuice. I'm guessing the issue has more to do with chemistry than exposure time.

I really wish these resin sellers would include which types of vats their resins are known to work with and the correct exposure time. Is that really so much to ask for??