Help The NEWBIE

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dawnanewday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help The NEWBIE

Postby dawnanewday » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 pm

I'm wanting to do small parts some will be painted others wont. Which is the best resin to use with the LittleRP? Thank you all in advance!

mostlydiy

Re: Help The NEWBIE

Postby mostlydiy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:46 pm

I can't give you much advice on what is best, but I can tell you what to stay away from based on my experience :?

So far I have found that the MadeSolid V2 resin does not work well with the LittleRP. They changed the formula when they went to the latest version, and it is made more for the Formlabs printers. Adding pigment to it is supposed to help, but I have had no luck.
The original MadeSolid Red that was included with the printer seemed to work fairly well, and is still available on the MadeSolid website under the "Shop" menu.

I have also tried MakerJuice Red, which I cannot get to work. I believe there are some people that use the MakerJuice, so maybe they could chime in with some advice.

Brad is currently recommending the Vorex Orange by MadeSolid, so you might want to give that a try.

dawnanewday

Postby dawnanewday » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am

I've seen some people are using FunToDo resin? Does this work well? If so, which kinds? what about the funtodo snow white with color pigments? can just white be used without any issues?
Last edited by dawnanewday on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dawnanewday

Postby dawnanewday » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:12 am

(mostlydiy) LOL that does help a lot! what kind do you currently use?

mostlydiy

Postby mostlydiy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Sorry I couldn't give you a better recommendation. I haven't had any good enough experiences yet to recommend a best resin. Just wanted to give you a heads up on which ones may be trickier based on what I have found, and save you a little money. Currently, I am using the V2 with a pigment to help to reduce the bleed. The only reason I am still using the V2 is because I bought a liter of it and it's too expensive to let it go to waste. I am hoping to get some decent prints out of it, but it is still a work in progress.
I have read up on the FunToDo resins, and it sounds like they would be worth a try, but I have no experience with them.

What resin are you using currently?

dawnanewday

Postby dawnanewday » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Through reading the posts here I have noticed many having good use out of the resin. And through other machines like this one as well. So i'm thinking that will be the one I go with. just wanted someone to tell me what they use that works out well is all.

dawnanewday

Postby dawnanewday » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:02 am

Has anyone used the makerjuice G+?

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:55 pm

I use CastSolid by Madesolid which really prints out great at XY 37 microns. I make very detailed models in a digital sculpting program called Zbrush. One thing I can say from experience is that if your build plate is not level then the resin can do all kinds of funky things. Each time I put a newly covered petri dish in the machine I check to make sure it is level. I cast my prints from the CastSolid in silver and while it took some trial error with issues after printing, I am now getting great casts.

Bill

Postby Bill » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:48 am