deformed calibration block, out of adjustment ideas..?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
emilamsterdam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

deformed calibration block, out of adjustment ideas..?

Postby emilamsterdam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Unfortunately I am out of ideas...and could use some help.
Basically I have tired all settings I can think of including moving back the P1500. Print ended up being smaller and and moved to the edge of the bp.
I am unable to get deep red Makerjuice only white with added red pigment however I had the same deformation results with made solid V2 red.
focus is fine, at least it seems on test image projected on ceiling in mirror mode. The model gets built in right place on build plate except for the poor print. Base Layer size and shape seems most close to what it should be.
Played with all settings for exposure but it seems that the problem is coming from some other setting issue.
I think the only logical problem is with the setting of the P1500 itself except not sure what to change.
I also adjusted output on projector to bright.
:?: :idea:
Attachments
sample3.jpg
sample1.jpg

DanOrgan

Re: deformed calibration block, out of adjustment ideas..?

Postby DanOrgan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi. I am an owner of P1500 too.
I would not recommend to increase brightness. 50 are fine for MadeSolid, 25 for FunToDo. When I tried to print with 70, I got a complete mess, like things on your photos.

android78

Postby android78 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Are you sure the focus is correct? If you put a piece of paper in the bottom of the resin dish, is it clear and in focus? You mention that the focus seemed fine when projected on the ceiling, which seems like an odd way to test it, unless your meaning of ceiling is different than mine.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:32 am

Hi Emil,

could you provide your exposure settings for base layer and standard layer time?

cheers,
hp

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Emil,

Also when you moved the projector back did you remove the 3 acrylic spacers on each of the mount points? If you are in the furthest back only the printed spacers should be used.

I would try doing a couple of resets on the Acer P1500 through the menu, sometimes the Acers will offset the image.
If you display and image on the projector is it centered and shows the entirety of the image? or is it zoomed / cropped / offset?

emilamsterdam

Postby emilamsterdam » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:33 am

I ended up resetting the P1500 settings via the ocd and all it needed is a bit of adjustment on the focus ring. I ended up using the small white paper to adjust image as recommended!
thx

Thank you everybody for input! I am off to print ;)