Base layer Timing off, still no prints after 100+ hrs

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
emilamsterdam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Base layer Timing off, still no prints after 100+ hrs

Postby emilamsterdam » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:52 am

Very serious hours invested to try to make this work and still no usable prints.
prints are deformed because once the first base layer is projected, the z comes down a bit late for the second and on. From the first layers it seems to be fine according to the 1000 ms delay. The print is off deformed since the second base starts floating and the projected image is off from there on. The second and third layer is stuck on the end to the bottom of the VAT. It seems that during base layer projection the z is a bit late coming down
I see on Brads CW video that things such as base layer exposure time can be adjusted and time of lift. But how much? I tried a few hundred ms up and down but no improvement. After adjusting lift with 1000's it was way off. I am using Madesolid red. CW. 7 and I see that here is something extra to adjust for z lifting timing and its not on the instruction video.
Can anybody advise please! Thank you!

hp_

Re: Base layer Timing off, still no prints after 100+ hrs

Postby hp_ » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:28 am

hi emila,

what printer are you using?

hp_

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Are you using the creation workshop download linked on the technical support page? sometimes different cw version act differently.

The two main things to change are the delay in the lift gcode, and the cycle time in the print settings. Generally increasing the delay in the lift code will make the z arm wait longer before lifting (so the image can finish projecting) and increasing the cycle time will give the arm a longer amount of time to get back into posistion before the next layer starts.

The auto-calculator cycle time will not work for us, so we need to use the higher values talked about in the video. You won't notice a few hundred ms, so try more aggressive values.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:02 pm

It might be helpful if you can post your lift gcode section, and the cycle time you are using.

emilamsterdam

Postby emilamsterdam » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:46 pm

I increase the lift sequence seems opposite the arm comes back too late. The first is stuck perfect to Bp the rest floating. Gcode lift delay I entered 1000 and all settings according to video. Made 200+ modification and there is hardly change.
I will now check now if I am using the right version of cw because it don't make sense. Will update in an hr. Thx guys!
I am not giving up.

emilamsterdam

Postby emilamsterdam » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Goopyplastic if your in Amsterdam im buying you dinner. I was using a wrong v of cw. So much waisted time.
This one is running fine except my first print is way off as you see. Not sure yet why the base layers align the rest is way off, deformed. Any ideas please let me know. Thx for the support everyone!
Attachments
14413989625602001110212.jpg

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 pm

What are your cure times, if the z arm isn't moving any more when the projector is one and your prints still look like that. Then likely the cure time is much too high.

emilamsterdam

Postby emilamsterdam » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 pm

The settings at this point are exactly like mentioned in the setup video. ?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Well, resin base and layer times will vary depending on the resin used. You may also need to adjust / tweak these values to fit your particular printer /projector setup.

There are layer height, base, and layer times listed on:
http://www.littlerp.com/?page_id=55

These are aimed at the P1500/H6510BD/X1240 projectors, P1283 will need to go about 30% longer.

So I guess the questions are:

1) what are the values listed in the boxes regarding slice thickness, exposure time per layer, and bottom layers exposure time?
2) what resin are you using?
3) is the build platform moving when any image is being projected?