Build Size

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dark Engineering
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Build Size

Postby Dark Engineering » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 am

I have been using my printer for a good bit now and I love the detail I can get out of it. The only real issue I have is I have almost no reliablity in print size. I am using a H6510BD projector eith makerjuice green and red sf.

I have hit a frustration level now where my prints have steadily degraded where I am having difficulty printing evven a 1" circle in the middle of the build plate. I have never been able to print on the left third of the build plate but used to use the other space pretty reliably.

I have previously used only the closest position but am trying out other positions to see if that will help so far with no luck. I really could use some suggestions on how to proceed.

goopyplastic

Re: Build Size

Postby goopyplastic » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:04 pm

What cure times and layer heights are you using? Have you tried increasing them? You may have to overcure the central portion of the print to get the edges to form, a mask would help with this. Also a rougher build plate surface will help with adhesion.

Dark Engineering

Re: Build Size

Postby Dark Engineering » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:05 pm

After a long time and a few weeks wasted I think I have this partially fixed. I have gone back to square one and done a factory reset plus reinstalling creation workshop. For some reason I have to now print at 8000ms exposure when previously I only have need around 3500ms-4000ms. I now am getting pretty reliable prints back to where I was when first using the printer, which is great.

The left third however is still completely useless for reliability. I am trying to find an way to make a mask to help balance this out.

During my research through the forums here I noticed an article were the color you use can effect resin curing.