Tilt Module Install

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bminie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tilt Module Install

Postby bminie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am going to begin installing my tilt module in the next day or two and I was wondering if there is anything that I have to do besides what is included in the hardware install and controller assembly guides? Do I have to change the grbl values or can I leave them as they are? Have people had a lot of success with the tilt module install or do they find that the stock build performs better? My prints have been coming out great (using the P1283 projector) but I have done mostly small models and I am looking to try out some bigger things such as chess pieces or a Marvin scaled 2-3x.

Many thanks for any and all help/info.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Tilt Module Install

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 pm

You might be better off with HL's flexvat for the LittleRP rather than going with a tilt vat.
-Steve

bminie

Postby bminie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Has the flex vat been shown to have better performance than the tilt module? I already have the tilt module components in-hand so I was hoping to use that but if it has been causing problems I don't mind looking at alternatives.

If someone has installed the tilt module, would you mind sharing your experience during the process, what the pain points were, and how you over came them?

Thanks,
Brian

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

You will need to change the GRBL setting for the y axis, if you look on the tech support page it has the value you can use, you may also need to change the step / direction mask so that the motors are going the correct way.

Aside from that it is reasonably simple to get working. The flexvats are likely where things are going however there are drawbacks in terms of leveling and potential leaks etc.