Glueing / painting printouts

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jacub
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Glueing / painting printouts

Postby jacub » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello,
Do you have any experience with gluing printed parts?
Currently I assemble UV owen to cure my prints but from time to time I will need to print creations in parts and then glue them together. Superglue will be ok ? Do you have any experience?
Also how about paint? Humbrol (humbrol.com) paint for plastic models will be ok ? :ugeek:

Wonderdog

Re: Glueing / painting printouts

Postby Wonderdog » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:25 pm

depends on your resin, but usually cyanoacrylate (superglue) will work, though if it melts your resin, try the "foam safe" variant.

newraper1963

Re: Glueing / painting printouts

Postby newraper1963 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:34 pm

I use my printer to make model parts for my model car building hobby, so I have to be able to paint and glue them. Ca(super glue) works great and lacquer, enamel and any a acrylic works fine. I'm using Fun To Do DB.