[Newbie] Which Arduino should I use

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nalmeida
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Newbie] Which Arduino should I use

Postby nalmeida » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:26 pm

I everyone, I'm building a LittleRP from scratch, I already sourced most of the materials and already 3d printed the parts and lacercutted the panels. Despite having a Prusa i3 which I mounted from a kit I never entered the electronics much so regarding the LittleRP I have the following questions:

Which Arduino should I use? Is the Aduino UNO enough?
Which is the apropriate shield?
Where can I find the schematics and the PCB for the LittleRP controller?

Thanks for your help!

goopyplastic

Re: [Newbie] Which Arduino should I use

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Any gcode interpreter should work, you can use a ramps board if you would like as well.

As for arduinos, we need to run GRBL so it needs to have a 328 chip, which the UNO is the most common.

Here is a link to the PCB layer files:

You could also use any GRBL shield.

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi there Brad, thanks for your answer and for sharing the PCB. In the meantime I found out your store and already ordered the PCB you are selling, it looks top quality.

When will you ship it? Thanks for making it available.

I will source a Uno or a compatible locally. Do you have the reference of the stepper driver?

Thanks once again.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks, will ship soon.

You can use any reprap style stepper drive, I use the drv8825 but you can use allegro's etc.

loix

Postby loix » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi!
Ceramic capacitor and a resistor... What parameters?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:25 pm

10k resistor
.1uf ceramic capacitor
100uf electrolytic capacitor

loix

Postby loix » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:33 am

Thanks!