FAQ about VATs?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FAQ about VATs?

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

Can someone point me to a FAQ about the petri dishes (VATs)? Can they be re-used, or must they be discarded after the coating begins to become opaque? Should I be buying some petri dishes now? Are there better alternatives?

Thanks!

Jon

ps_bond

Re: FAQ about VATs?

Postby ps_bond » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 am

Peel off the PDMS and recoat, being careful not to scratch the petri dish while doing so.
Nalgene petri dishes are available in the UK; as for better - well, FEP vats to fit the LittleRP are available, it's whether you think the PDMS is a hindrance or not. Because I'm doing quite fine structures, I need more strength so probably want to over-expose slightly - which kills the PDMS faster.
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns