Longer Exposure Times?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
Thiengod
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Longer Exposure Times?

Postby Thiengod » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:46 am

Do you have any solution for this.
My Printer cure at 13000ms with viewsonic PJD7822HD for SF green
I see in LittleRP Website http://www.littlerp.com/?page_id=55 they just use 3500ms for each layer

Sorry about my English

goopyplastic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Longer Exposure Times?

Postby goopyplastic » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:35 pm

SubSF for LittleRP is intentionally slowed down because to get a longer cure time which is easier on the PDMS. If you are using a flex vat, or a projector with lower UV output I would suggest using regular SubSF and doubling the pigment, the curetime should be twice as quick as SubSF for littlerp with no real downside. If you printed regular SubSF w/ normal pigmentation you could expect something like 1/4 the curetime of SubSF for littlerp, although you would get extra bleeding so only really good for 100micron layers. You also might be able to order SubSF with double the photo-initiator for an even quicker resin.

The larger middlerp will work well with normal subsf and be geared towards 100micron layer heights.