Assembly and first print notes

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mostlydiy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Assembly and first print notes

Postby mostlydiy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:35 am

I just received my littleRP a few days ago. I got it up and printing, and wanted to share a few things that I experienced when putting it together that might help other newcomers. Feel free to add to this.

Paper covering – The burnt look of the panels is not how the final product should look. That is a protective paper covering that peels off. I didn’t realize this until I was tightening a screw and saw it wrinkle. I had to take the printer apart again to properly remove the paper. This is mentioned in the instructions, but for some reason I thought it only pertained to the acrylic panels.

Mirror mount – If your kit has the aluminum mirror mount, double check the supplemental Kickstarter Kit changes before putting it together. http://imgur.com/a/FnRte. I didn’t think mine was a kickstarter kit, and ignored them only to find out later that I missed a few steps, mainly the spacer nuts holding on the monitor mount. Had to take it apart again!

Software configuration – Brad does a great job walking you through the software setup in his video on the support page. One thing I had to figure out was why the projector image was showing on the wrong monitor. I found that the number display you select in the machine configuration does not always correspond to the display number in the windows display properties. In windows, my projector is display 1, and in the software, it is number 4. You can test this by trying the different displays and select “Show Blank” from the control screen. Switch displays until it blanks out the projector.

Monitor power save – Be sure to turn off any power save, screen savers, or sleep settings on your computer before printing. My first print ended with a bunch of small plastic ACER logos because the computer went to sleep after I walked away for a little bit.

Software version – I attempted to use a newer version of the Creation Workshop, and it did not work properly. The projector was out of sync with the build plates location. I stuck with v36 until I become more familiar with the settings, and it works fine.

Overall, the printer is awesome and the instructions were excellent. These were just a few pitfalls that I had and thought would be worth sharing.

goopyplastic

Re: Assembly and first print notes

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks for your feedback, glad you like the kit.