Using B9R-1 Castable Resin

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
beginnerLittleRP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Using B9R-1 Castable Resin

Postby beginnerLittleRP » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with using the B9R-1 Castable resin successfully on a littleRP kit? I've tried a few times and my models coming out as "blobs". I used the same settings (using the CW video: https://vimeo.com/108978676) as when I printed using the Makerjuice resin and that model came out fine. Any advice on the best choosing the right exposure and CW settings?

Any advice helps. Thanks!

goopyplastic

Re: Using B9R-1 Castable Resin

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Any pics of the blobs? are the blobs bigger or smaller than the model size.

If it is a small blob ie. only the large crosssection areas cured and none of the smaller details the curetime will need to go up, if it is a big blob ie. a print with lots of bleeding to the point where everything melds together the curetime will need to go down.

I believe in general the b9 resins cure much slower.

beginnerLittleRP

Postby beginnerLittleRP » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Any advice on what I should use for the settings (top exposure, bottom exposure, lift speed, etc.)? I'm a beginner at printing so any additional explanation will help a ton. Thanks for the help!

Here is the image: http://imgur.com/G3h37wy
I stopped it at about 75% completion since it obviously wasn't working.

beginnerLittleRP

Postby beginnerLittleRP » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi LittleRP users! Any advice here would be great!

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Longer cure time, the B9 stuff is pretty slow compared to other resins.