Best projector options for LRP

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wonderdog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Best projector options for LRP

Postby Wonderdog » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

Hi all,

My LittleRP Deluxe kit has now been ordered, and so I now need to source a suitable projector in time for its arrival.

Given the experience on this board, what are peoples thoughts about the Acer P1500? I like that it doesnt require modification so can be used as an occasional video projector when not being put to use for printer purposes - but have read that some people have encountered issues with consistency across the build plate?

Any advice welcomed. My goal is maximum print quality and consistency - preferably across the whole build area.

I'm also likely to add a flexi resin vat (as discussed elsewhere on the board) when the LittleRP version becomes available, if that makes any difference.

Cheers!

bookwormnyc

Re: Best projector options for LRP

Postby bookwormnyc » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 pm

james_lan

Postby james_lan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:24 pm

I have (a prior to the kickstarter) P1500, the main inconsistency is that the older ones use M3 screws, while the newer ones use M4, so you'll need to drill out the 3 (or more if you move it) mounting holes as they come as M3. It's easier to drill out the holes than to add material.

I've got a settings thread I need to update. One thing that might need to be used is a mask, as the lower middle portion has more light and cures faster, which has messed up a few delicate prints, either over or under curing prints. (Note: I don't think that this printer is alone on that.)

It's 1920x1080, and the resolution is absolutely amazing. I can take a 2mm wide ring, and write two lines of text on the inside of it, which come out readable. (Mostly, I've had a few prints fail, see mention of delicate prints/mask)

Plus, if you don't like it with the littlerp, it's a nice projector on it's own.

Wonderdog

Postby Wonderdog » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Thanks, I went for the P1500 (well the 6xxx version with more inputs as it was the same price).