Cleaning and Postcuring of CastSolid

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cerriousdesign
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cleaning and Postcuring of CastSolid

Postby cerriousdesign » Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 pm

I was leaving my prints in the IPA 70% to long and was getting little cracks in my models. I guess if you leave it in for more than 5 minutes they will become brittle and develop these defects. Here's the support article on how to properly clean your prints. http://support.madesolid.com/support/so ... -my-print-

cerriousdesign

Re: Cleaning and Postcuring of CastSolid

Postby cerriousdesign » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:07 pm

After trying several different cleaning times it has become evident that this is a very sensitive detail and the Madesolid website does not amply address this problem. What I have found out is that the models can only be left in the IPA for about 10 seconds or so and washed off with water for about 5 seconds, even 30 seconds in the IPA is to long. The model will get cracks in the postcure once put under the UV lamp. When I put the models in the IPA for only 10 seconds and wash with water for 5 seconds I no longer get cracks in my models even after being left under the UV lamp for 3 hours. This also corroborates with what has been said here in the B9 forum. http://b9creator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2802 .. I have not been able to get a fully cured model until now to cast. It will be interesting to see how the cast comes out. I do my own casting so I should be able to get to it in a few days.