Petri Dishes in Ultrasonic cleaner

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kochen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Petri Dishes in Ultrasonic cleaner

Postby Kochen » Fri May 01, 2015 6:26 am

Hi Everyone

Besides putting the finished prints in an ultrasonic cleaner, have anyone tried to put the whole petri dish in an ultrasonic cleaner too for cleaning those? After pooring the remaining resin out of it ofcause.

Is it even possible without damaging the dish and the vat?
Kochen, Denmark, Europe

goopyplastic

Re: Petri Dishes in Ultrasonic cleaner

Postby goopyplastic » Fri May 01, 2015 1:25 pm

I have never tried, I would be concerned with the sonic wave loosening the pdms bond, also IPA will eventually attack acrylic so liimting the exposure time is ideal.
I generally just put a splash in the dish, swirl a gloved finger around and pour it out, repeat 2 more times and it's generally very clean.

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Sat May 02, 2015 8:38 am

I've put Petri dishes through the ultrasonic - but only after the PDMS has reached the end of its useful life. Cleaned them with some IPA first, then used my usual jewellery cleaner; the PDMS was a doddle to remove and the remaining resin residues wiped off.
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

Kochen

Postby Kochen » Sun May 03, 2015 5:53 pm

About the PDSM Bond, that was also my concern.
Kochen, Denmark, Europe

Kochen

Postby Kochen » Sun May 03, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm also having trouble removing the remaining resin completely, which was why i had the thourght about putting the dishes in the cleaner too..
Kochen, Denmark, Europe