G+

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
james_lan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

G+

Postby james_lan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:12 am

I had some on hand already. (Trying to build basically a slightly larger printer prior to the KS, but had problems, fortunately I chose the P1500) I have had great luck with the MakeSolid, going down to 25 microns. It took a bit of playing with, and I have only played with 3 colors so far (I have the sample pack). These are standard formulations. I talked with someone (I believe gooeyplastic) elsewhere who said it's pigment was too low, so might be able to get to 100microns.

I use a P1500 projector. It's not in eco mode as far as I know.

DO NOT USE THE SETTINGS FOR SubSF with G+! It will ruin your vat. ... first hand experience. (It pulled the PDMS up and got below it, so I need to clean the VAT of the cured resin and then recoat it.)

I'm still experimenting, and I'll update this later.
Settings: Red
100 microns / Base: 2000 / Layer 1100 / 3 base layers (Top pick)
100 microns / Base: 2000 / Layer 1200 / 3 base layers (Maybe slightly overexposed, works)

Settings: Blue
Not succesful, there's a ton of overexposure even at 900ms /100 microns, will try again later. I was able to print, but there was so much over exposure, the test object (LittleRP rook) was solid inside.

Settings: Purple (2:1 Red:Blue a little bit dull, might increase the blue content the next time I try it.)
100 microns / Base: 2500 / Layer 1100 / 3 base layers
50 microns / Base: 2500 / Layer 800 / 3 base layers

For reference/comparison my MakeSolid Red:
100 microns / Base: 4500/ Layer 1500 / 10 base layers
50 microns / Base: 4000 / Layer 1300 / 10 base layers
25 microns / Base: 3500 / Layer 1100 / 10 base layers

(Note I'd only changed the base layers from 10 to 3 after trying the G+, as it was causing overexposure on blue, which was the first I tried. I kept it at that, and it seems to work well.)

Hope this helps someone, I plan to keep this updated for my own reference as well.

mgg942

Re: G+

Postby mgg942 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Thank you for posting this - very useful data.