Leveling the build plate.. using a feeler gauge..??

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cerriousdesign
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Leveling the build plate.. using a feeler gauge..??

Postby cerriousdesign » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm

I was having trouble leveling the build plate and remembered about using a feeler gauge to level a rolling mill. This worked supremely well. Thought I would share. I bought mine here.. http://www.harborfreight.com/32-piece-s ... 32214.html
Last edited by cerriousdesign on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cerriousdesign

Re: Leveling the build plate.. using a feeler gauge..??

Postby cerriousdesign » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:58 pm

I dunno maybe that is not working, its still leaking in.. The Gap between the red spacer and the build plate has to be completely level right?

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Yea I gave up trying to use a feeler guage, it seemed like a good idea. :? Apparently you just have to sit down and work with the screws until you get it just right. I got tired of using resin and just used water for the build plate calibration. That was sooooo much easier. I just got my first print, the stl calibration solid turned out perfect. Now how do I get it off the build plate, lol.

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 am

Here's my print.. Pretty happy with it. :D
Attachments
2015-04-08 22.00.45.jpg

seblos

Postby seblos » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:16 am

hello,
I placed pictures feeler gauge of the positioning in the basin?
;)

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:48 pm

A trick is using the opacity of the resin as an indicator. If you look at the build plate by looking through the mirror you can see how even the liquid layer is.