(Solved) Z arm not moving?? Help... anyone here?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cerriousdesign
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

(Solved) Z arm not moving?? Help... anyone here?

Postby cerriousdesign » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 pm

I am not sure what is going on? I am trying to print the calibration .stl. I hit show blank, It says everything is ready to go, I hit play.. the timer is going.. but only 1.44 % is done with 5 minutes into the supposed print. The Z arm is going no where the projector is not doing anything. What in the world am I doing wrong. I am connected with the icon where I can go back and forth showing Little RP are talking and I have done everything in the videos right on Vimeo with me checking 5 times over.

~Dylan
Last edited by cerriousdesign on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cerriousdesign

Re:Z arm not moving ? Help... anyone here?

Postby cerriousdesign » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:45 am

I put it on Com 5 instead of com 4 and now the projector is displaying the correct output and I am getting a completion update in creation workshop but the z-arm is not moving??? I do not have the same looking output in device manager as in the vimeo video like on the little rp site. Here is a picture of my device manager window. Can anyone help please??? Do I need a driver for the arduino??
Attachments
device manager.jpg

Scatterplot

Re: Z arm not moving?? Help... anyone here?

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:37 am

Yeah, you'll need USB-serial drivers. Try downloading the Arduino IDE.

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Which Arduino drivers do I use, I installed the IDE but that did nothing.

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 pm

I needed to install the drivers from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm .. as soon as I did that and plugged in the Little RP it was recognized on USB Serial Port (COM 6). The Z Arm is now moving and ready to print. Oh yea.. make sure you turn off UAC in windows 7 otherwise it won't let you install the drivers.

Scatterplot

Re: (Solved) Z arm not moving?? Help... anyone here?

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Glad you got it working- the manufacturer drivers were gonna be my next suggestion :)

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks for sending me in the right direction. :)

Dark Engineering

Postby Dark Engineering » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:58 am

Just wanted to add that this fix worked for me as well last night.