FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
deadmeat30
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Postby deadmeat30 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Just seeing if anyone has started making a design for the littleRP? Found some interesting threads on this board about them. I dont own a workshop to create one, but would love to see if anyone is working on one.

This is an interesting blog too

lab
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Postby lab » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 am

2engineers have one too: http://www.2engineers.com/shop/vat-for-resin/

Apart from being out of stock it is a little big for our LittleRP (12x18 cm). But maybe they can offer a smaller version if there is some demand ... I would buy one.

maurice

Postby maurice » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 pm

I made a FEP Vat design for the LittleRP, I was not able to test it yet, as my FEP did not arrive yet.
You can find it here: https://github.com/mauricebasement/FEP-Vat

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Have you tested this yet?
Research Chemist

maurice

Postby maurice » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 am

Yes, i have tested it, and it does not work properly :) I have to adapt the design a bit, and maybe change the silicon i used to make the gasket, as the gasket does not stay in place and therefor the vat is not tight. I will update asap when I got the proof of concept.

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 am

As soon as you have a working vat, I will print one up. :)
Research Chemist

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks for your work maurice!

maurice

Postby maurice » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:10 am

I made the first prints with my FEP Vat, but there are still some issues I need to fix.
Attachments
20150429_115319.jpg

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 am

What issues do you need to fix yet?
Research Chemist

maurice

Postby maurice » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:13 pm

The FEP film is about 26mm above the surface where the petri dish would be, I want to reduce that to 6mm, and then I have to find out how to adjust the size of the projector image.

Then I have to decide for either a completly printed design, or one with lasercut pieces.

But the concept basically works, and I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me, but the quality seems to be better than with pdms coated dishes :)