FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
HTL

Re: FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Postby HTL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

I used a littleRP baseplate for testing in my printer however I am aware of the focusing issue with some projectors and the LitttleRP. A bit of overview here, the way the projector is positioned with the LittleRP limits the how close the projector can be to the vat bottom this positioning does not allow some projectors to focus a small enough image on the vat floor. The solution to this problem is to use an inexpensive photographic closeup lens on the projector. Using a closeup lens with your projector allows you to focus a "zoomed" (smaller) image closer than you normally would be able to, that is, you can back the projector up and still be able to focus a small image. I have always used a +4 closeup lens on my printer and not just for testing the LittleRP vat, a closeup lens allows me to back the projector away from the vat bottom so I can position manual and program controlled shutters between the projector and vat floor and still project as small an image as I want on the vat floor.

Here is a post on my website that covered using closeup lenses.

Information on this and other issues will be covered in a informational note that I will have on the vats page on my website when I get it setup next week. The note will cover, in addition to the focusing issue, measurements including the the vats FEP film distance from the LittleRP base plate, the length of bolts needed for mounting the vat etc. (I may include replacement mounting bolts in the kit).

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

FWIW my Acer X1240 focused just fine with the flexvat membrane about 25mm above where the petri dish was in my old setup:

https://goo.gl/photos/5m6eFbsJWKyaCQ6FA

I'm sold on the flexvat btw. :)
Research Chemist

Wonderdog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Wonderdog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

How are the LittleRP flex vats coming along? Keen to order one for my forthcoming unit!

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hp_ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:31 am

Hi Lab,

wel we have a few back in stock again if you are interested.

cheers,
hp

seblos

Postby seblos » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 am

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing an bath. How to do? ;) ;)

jarno

Postby jarno » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:07 am

Have you completed the kit design?
I'm interested in the files as well.
I have access to lasers and acrylic :)

EtherBunny

Postby EtherBunny » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:43 pm

I am also very interested in purchasing a kit or an assembled flexvat for little rp. (TAKE MY MONEY)

HTL

Postby HTL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:10 am

Here is the flexvat kit that will be available friday. I have made some videos with details, you can find them here:

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:37 pm

The vat is available now through his website, I received the kit I ordered and it really is a great job he has done.

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:11 am

Mine's en route; quite looking forwards to not fighting the PDMS. Now, does it work with the tilt kit?
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns