only right half of machine working ?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JSmith172
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

only right half of machine working ?

Postby JSmith172 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 pm

on all the builds, the ones on the right are coming out perfect, but the ones on the left are always messing up or breaking off right after the supports :S

PomeroyB

Re: only right half of machine working ?

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:30 am

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:51 pm

does this help narrow it down
the supports are always fine
Attachments
IMG_4684.jpg

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Yeah, looks like you have some clouding or otherwise uneven exposure.

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:40 am

no clouding on the dishes
so im guessing uneven exposure
i'm using the H6510BD in the closest pin postion
any other way other than over exposure? adding more time just cause the working side to fail

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Unless the build plate and print have been thoroughly washed and cured, I would strongly recommend wearing gloves :D

It is possible that there is uneveness in the focus / projection intensity. Creation Workshop has introduced masks that let you compensate for this. Ie. the projection image would be brighter on the outside of the print, and darker in the middle to try and even things out. You could do a similar thing for right to left variance etc.

I find the acer 1080p projectors really have a sharpness sweetspot in the center and tend to be worse on the left side than the right so in your case I would probably just print 1 ring centered, two centered standing up with supports, increase overall cure time to meet the lowest common denominator, or look into using a mask.

Great looking prints though, have you tried burning out the castsolid yet?

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:35 am

Not yet, at first I thought cast solid was going to be great. But the more I print the more problems I have. If your print is tall or wide, it starts to set a film around the ring. If you move to fast it creates bubbles in the print, it's so thin and light the light shines right through all layers.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Typically bubbles are trapped inside the print so don't think they would be an issue for casting. To get rid of bubbles you can add more resin and reduce the Z lift height so that the last printed layer never leaves the liquid.