Supervat

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JSmith172
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Supervat

Postby JSmith172 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:03 am

Has anybody heard of this? By the kicker starter guys who made Pegasus. Never needing recoating. Any idea what it's made of? Would love to make one of those hacked for this

goopyplastic

Re: Supervat

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:00 am

Good question, most likely a stretched FEP, or FEP bonded to a flexible surface. Couple people working on this for the LittleRP so hopefully something will be available soon.

deadmeat30

Postby deadmeat30 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Interesting... interesting... keep me in the loop Brad ;)

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Greetings;

What I have on one of my Vat is; 3M 300LSE 467MP 200MP DOUBLE-SIDED ADHESIVE SHEET; and the FEP film is bonded on 1/32" acrylic substrate, at this time I do not know the amount of shots I will get out of it.

Warm Regards

Saeed
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 7.19.03 PM.png
Last edited by SIDRANA on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:09 am

Best of luck

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 am

Interesting. I have a roll of 3M 9500 sat around - http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... ape-9500PC
It's a bit thinner than yours, it also claims solvent resistance; I wonder how that would hold up?
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

maurice

Postby maurice » Sun May 31, 2015 5:19 pm

I tried 3M tape, bonded FEP to a Nalgene Dish, you can see the result on the pictures.
Issues are: 1. air bubbles when bonding the tape to the petri dish, also the tape can get cloudy, if too much forces are applied to it
2. 3M tape gets cloudy after one print, and the FEP does not stay bonded to the dish properly.
Maybe I could get better results if I would optimize the bonding, but I won't try to do this; I stay with my tensioned FEP Vat.
Attachments
20150531_133351.jpg
20150531_133258.jpg
20150531_133238.jpg

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:43 am

Hello Maurice;

It is hard to explain in words, how to bound, Start from one edge, keeping it apart, and keep pressing together slowly from side “a" to side “b"; After Applying, further more by immersing into real hot water, will enhance the transparency.

Probably it may not be applicable with a dish.

Cheerful Regards
Saeed

Crusader68

Postby Crusader68 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:01 am

Basically the vat consists of a thin sheet of FEP sheet, that is sandwiched between two acrylic(or similar) plates with a gasket in between and this is all clamped down tightly. Just like everything else in this hobby, theres more than one way to skin a cat, but the FEP film vats are imho the best way to go. Coating Petri dishes is a PITA and doesn't last very long, plus getting the coating applied without bubbles is no simple task. FEP film is actually really strong, even at .005", and replacing it is much faster and lasts longer than silicone coated vats.
http://projectsinterestsandetcetera.com ... -littlerp/
This blog has lots of info on what he calls a "flexvat"(it really doesn't flex at all), and he is supposedly going to be selling a kit soon. He also sells the FEP film at reasonably cheap prices, only way to get cheaper is in bulk but not really enough to make it worth while.
I'm working on CAD files of my own version for the LittleRP, and will post them when I finish.
"... mais épargnez le visage"