Z-Level

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fraggle68
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Z-Level

Postby fraggle68 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:42 am

Hi guis,

after calibration my XY achses now I have a few problems with the z-level. I built an calibrationtool who is 10x10x4 mm. After printing erverytime it is 3,7 mm high not 4 mm. Wehre can I change the settings for the Z-level. In CW I changed the Z-level once 90 / twice 110 but nothing really happened.

Do you have an advice for me....

Thanks

ps_bond

Re: Z-Level

Postby ps_bond » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:23 am

Are you printing directly onto the build plate or are you using a platform + supports?
If the former, you'll probably find the same as I did with my cal block - the early burn-in layers aren't accurate in the Z axis, presumably due to a combination of exposure and the build plate compressing the PDMS layer (so initially, there's almost no resin under it).
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,

I printed directly onto the built plate without a Plattform.

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 pm

As has been pointed out elsewhere, the Z axis is pretty well defined by the screw pitch * amount of rotation - if your stepper motor isn't slipping, then the Z arm is being moved the appropriate amount.
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns