Playing arround with slicing settings

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
maurice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Playing arround with slicing settings

Postby maurice » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:01 am

To make prints faster, I found it obvious to tune the slicing settings:
I tested reducing the lift distance to 2mm which is enough, as it does not affect the print.
In the setup video on littlerp.com, there is a delay (1000ms) mentioned in the lift g-code (after curing befor lifting again).
I reduced this delay to 200ms, and I was wondering if this could be a reason for print fails,
or rather if this delay has any function for the curing anyhow?

JSmith172

Re: Playing arround with slicing settings

Postby JSmith172 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:29 am

I don't know for sure
but when I switched computers I forgot to add it and my print still came out,
I just use it to check on the printing before the light blinds me lol
what kinda failures are you seeing

Praesmeodymium

Re: Playing arround with slicing settings

Postby Praesmeodymium » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:23 am

That delay is because the timing may get off a little bit, and while it is a little generous it was added to stop the situation where the z is lifting while the image is still exposing.