Need help by calibration my LittleRP

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
fraggle68
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need help by calibration my LittleRP

Postby fraggle68 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi my name is Kai and I am from Germany,

I have a few problems by calibration the built plate and the petri dish. Can somebody explane in simple words how I have to start? How much space (mm) is needed between built plate and dishes?
Can I save it anywhere? Brad´s description is not good for Europeans because he speeks to fast and to silence.

Thank for your help

Kai

Scatterplot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Need help by calibration my LittleRP

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Push the build plate ALL THE WAY against the bottom of the petri (against the PDMS film- the PDMS is the rubbery slick stuff already inside your petri dish). You want there to be no gap between the PDMS on the bottom of the petri and the build plate.

Once you push it down as far as it will go, add some resin. Odds are that the build plate isn't level yet- look underneath the build plate and look at the reflection in the mirror. You should be able to see part of the build plate touching the PDMS, and part of the build plate obscured by the resin. Your goal is to make the whole entire build plate visible, with NO resin between the build plate and the PDMS. Use the adjusting screws to accomplish this.

I can try to get you some pics when I get home tonight, but that should get you started. Let us know if you have more questions :)

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm

That wound be very nice and helpful if you would send me a few pictures. You can send me the pictures to info@wart.de. Whats about the situation that the dish is full with resin. How ca I find the best distance to the bottom???

with best regards and thankssssssss

Kai

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:49 pm

The distance from the bottom of the build plate to the bottom of the dish is zero- you don't need to measure any heights.

Put the build plate on the Z arm, then push it **all the way down** into the resin until it stops- you want NO gap there. After it stops moving down, you use the leveling screws to make the build plate totally level and flush to the base of the petri.

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:56 pm

any advice with calibrating the project?

maurice

Postby maurice » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Du sollst die Aluminiumextrusio möglichst nahe an die Petrischale bringen zwecks Homing. So dass du unten durch den Spiegel das Metall sehen kannst. Die Petrischale musst fest verschraubt sein. In der Petrischale befindet sich eine Silkonbeschichtung, pass auf das du du diese nicht zu fest quescht mit dem Aluminium. Ebenfalls kannst du zum Kalibirien von unten an die Petrischale schauen, Du siehst dann, ob sich auf einer Seite mehr oder weniger Harz befindet, je nach Helligkeit die das Aluminium hat, du kannst dan entsprechen korrigieren mit den drei Schrauben, so dass das Aluminium schön gleichmässig aussieht. Ich hoffe das hat Dir geholfen.

fraggle68

built Plattform Pops up?

Postby fraggle68 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:03 am

Have built the platform sanded and adjusted. Upon exposure of the first layer it now sticks in silicone . And then pops out . Probably because of the attractive forces . Is that from among you, and normal? Or do I extend the distance ?
Last edited by fraggle68 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:13 am

This is due to the suction forces, try lowering your exposure time, or adding supports or even putting the print on an angle

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:39 am

I have problems only with the first layer . Would small holes in the platform to solve the problem ?

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:34 pm

what settings/resin/stl are you using
need details