Print Fails with MakerJuice: Why?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
maurice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Print Fails with MakerJuice: Why?

Postby maurice » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Since I finished the MadeSolid Resin sample of the LittleRP Kit, I got some MakerJuice SubSF in red, and since then I fail prints. (I used the curing times suggested by Brad on the LittleRP page)

Are this fails caused by overcuring?
Or does anyone know another reason for the fails?

My idea so far is, that a small part of the prints sticks more to the PDMS than the build, and this spot on the PDMS gets bigger slice by slice. That would explain the shape of the holes in the prints. (And it's a very good way to fuck up the PDMS)
But if that is the reason in deed, the question why it happens still remains.
Attachments
20150201_122622.jpg
20150131_221819.jpg
20150131_221808.jpg

Scatterplot

Re: Print Fails with MakerJuice: Why?

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm

It looks like you have some pretty large cross sections. You may need to hollow out your models more.

Also, try adding a raft to the bottom of your model to give it a larger surface area to adhere to the build plate. I'd also try increasing your cure times; try out the calibration pieces and see how they do. I've found that too low of a cure time means it breaks apart like yours is doing.

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:37 pm

It could be too long of exposure too, especially if it is sticking to the vat. Hollowing will greatly help. I would suggest verifying with a calibration test.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

maurice

Postby maurice » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:50 am

I made calibration tests for the Maker Juice, and for me, 2000-2500 ms(50 microns) curing time are ideal (probably the suggested 3500mson the littlerp page are for the specific littlerp resin?)
So the fails were caused by overcuring, and I guess my idea about the one small spot that starts sticking to the PDMS more than to the build was right.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes I would only print one of those objects at a time, and hollowing will help.