FTD (FunToDo) resins on LittleRP?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
ps_bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: FTD (FunToDo) resins on LittleRP?

Postby ps_bond » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:54 am

Much appreciate, thank you. By "a bit", what sort of magnitude? 10%? 5%?
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

ps_bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ps_bond » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 am

Peter

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:55 am

Your results with no added pigment are impressive - I confess I've stopped using the FTD resin for now to try and sort out settings with the Spot-A resin. Getting there, but the smallest of the posts currently eludes me.

On the holes filling in on the base - is that just a factor of the longer exposure time causing bleed-through? And if so, would a base added in in CW with a bed-of-nails support solve that?
Peter

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:00 am

What's the reason for the banding on the parts?
Research Chemist

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:19 am

I'd assumed it was a related factor to the definition of the print - I'm not seeing that level of stair-step, but equally I'm not getting such sharp results, so the stair-stepping may just be blurred on my prints.
Peter

Wonderdog

Postby Wonderdog » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 am

My F2D Deep Black has finally shipped, hoping I'll receive it before the weekend to try some test prints etc. Any suggested starting point for settings on an H6510? I understand the F2D stuff cures much faster than the MJ SF I've tried already - don't want to frag my PDMS.

#Phil

ps_bond

Postby ps_bond » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:53 am

Peter

Wonderdog

Postby Wonderdog » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 am

I'll give that a go then. Ideally I'd like to get down to 25u layers to get as much detail from the models I'm printing before I cast them in silicone, so thats the sweet spot I'm working around.

I also picked up an ultrasonic cleaner and UV nail curer to help with post printing stuff, with any luck all the bits will be waiting in the mail cupboard in the office when I go in tomorrow.

#Phil

Wonderdog

Postby Wonderdog » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Managed to get a decent test print using the F2D Deep Black at 25 microns - 1000ms layers, 2500ms base, 100% brightness. I started at 500ms but it just wasnt curing enough at that. at 1000ms I was getting some slight popping sounds from the PDMS as it peeled - I definately wouldnt go higher than 1000ms for anything big without a tilt.

Small stick and all but the smallest hole came out fine. Still seemed "soft" in some places though, and stepping was visible. Dropped to 850ms and some anti aliasing which helped the stepping. Its probably about as good (maybe slightly less sharp) than the test print I made with the MJ-SF, but once UV cured its certainly harder which is good. More tests needed I think.

Resin isn't as opaque as I'd expexted - edges where still slightly translucent, even after a very thorough bottle shake.

I'm thinking a lower brightness and longer curing time might be worth trying to improve the prints.

Still getting pretty crap support curing on the left half of the build platform with my P1500. screwing up a few prints I've tried to make that are on a bed of nails - the supports are breaking just about the base layers in that area. I think I might need to explore masking to try and even out the print.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Check out HTL's flexvat. The less PDMS friendly resins will really benefit from the switch to FEP. I still think there is a benefit to acryilc dishes / pdms but the benefits of FEP are unmistakable. My goal it to offer / support both. The FEP is also going to penalize you less for overcuring which will help with the integrity of thinner support structures.