Coating petri dishes

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
maurice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Coating petri dishes

Postby maurice » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 am

It's probably not possible to buy the Nalgene dishes in Europe: the Amex website redericts me to a swiss distributor, and the Novodirect site leads me to to a similar looking page.
And both request a business number (they say it is to ensure that they do not sell dangerous products to private persons). I am waiting for a reply to my question how petri dishes can be dangerous.
Seems like they don't need my money...

ps_bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ps_bond » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:42 am

Maurice - are these the right ones?
http://www.coleparmer.com/Product/Therm ... W-06143-20

I've bought from them before with no issues; I can't imagine they wouldn't ship within the EU.
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:27 am

Yep those are the ones, corning also makes a fairly flat bottomed glass dish as well.

If you end up having too much trouble I do have plenty of dishes, and can ship uncoated ones quickly. International shipping is about $12 for 4-5 dishes.

maurice

Postby maurice » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:12 pm

coleparmer.com is were I stareted :).

But I found two other suppliers in Austria and Germany, maybe they want to sell me something :)

http://www.unilab-technologies.at/119/1 ... nilab.html
(they just replied, won't be an issue, and it is also the best price: 4.30€ per dish, so way better than coleparmer.
http://www.laborhandel24.de/5500-0010-de
(just ordered 10 dishes there)

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:37 pm

nice leveling table

coated mine last night, was actually ALOT easier than I expected lol

deadmeat30

Postby deadmeat30 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:11 pm

That levelling table is pretty darn awesome! Nice idea! if only i had a laser cutter to hand :(

deadmeat30

Postby deadmeat30 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Maurice, you said that you have the files for the levelling plate. Is it possible to grab these off you? Fancy making myself one.

Regards,

Alan

maurice

Postby maurice » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Yes, of course :)

https://github.com/mauricebasement/LevelingTable

you can find the openscad and the dxf files there.

Not shown on the picture is the dust cover.

The petri leveling table is a bit of a waste of material, as the circles could be closer. So I'm gonna cut the bare leveling table for coating more dishes.

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

anyone have a good supplier in Canada

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:00 am

if your in a rush, let it sit one hour on the level surface or till the bubbles are worked out. then in the oven for 2-3 hours
works prefect