Coating petri dishes

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
m_rp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Coating petri dishes

Postby m_rp » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 am

I'm having trouble ordering petri dishes too (I live in Germany). I ordered some from laborhandel24 (with some difficulties), and now they said that the petri dishes would ship at some point in August...
Is there anyone here also based in Germany or another European country who has bought a bunch and would sell me one or two? :)

goopyplastic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:43 pm

Granted a more expensive option, but I do offer 4 packs of dishes shipped worldwide. 34usd + 15usd shipping for coated, and 24usd + 15usd for uncoated.

If you want 8 dishes, the shipping only goes up to 20usd

m_rp

Postby m_rp » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks, I guess I'm going to do that then.
Last time I checked your store, it was still like a 6 weeks pre-order and I thought I could get new petri dishes and the coating faster. But well turns out no. ;)
Any thoughts about what to use to clean the dishes with besides IPA? I didn't know what to clean it with before, so I guess I messed it up and now IPA doesn't really help anymore.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 pm

I've had good luck with IPA and a rubber-gloved finger. Paper towels/tissues seem to scratch more than they help.

seravi

Postby seravi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:37 pm

I took the plunge and tried to resurface one of my petri dishes with PDMS. I didn't have a leveling table so I designed and printed something up. Hope it works. I posted the leveling table on Thingiverse as a WIP.