Printed a petri draining rack :)

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Scatterplot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Printed a petri draining rack :)

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:43 pm

I couldn't find a good way to hold my petri to drain the resin back into my mason jar, nor to drain off the alcohol into my waste jar after I cleaned it, so I designed a draining rack :) It's more "fancy" than it needs to be, partially because I wanted to play around with this a bit, but partly because I wanted to be able to print without needing supports. Here it is:

I'm still getting a bit of Z-axis wobble or something on my printer, not sure what exactly that is, but it still works.

Pic with petri and mason jar:

Next to a can of Great Stuff for scale- this is definitely one of my largest prints at around 12 hours.

maurice

Re: Printed a petri draining rack :)

Postby maurice » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Looks cool.
Would you share it whit us?

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Sure, I'll upload it tonight!

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 am

maurice

Postby maurice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 am

Thank you :)

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm

No problem, just post a pic if you print it :)

maurice

Postby maurice » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 am

I tried to print the file, but unfortunately there is something wrong with the stl. (not scaled correctly, and also in strange angle.
Did you use imperial units for the stl? So would one stl unit be one inch?

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes, I think the scaling came out in inches. If it comes out looking tiny just scale it by 25.4 (or set your software to use inches). That was my bad... I must have had my CAD exporter set to inches by accident.

As far as the rotation goes, it should be printable in the orientation you would use it in. I don't know why it would be rotated weird in the STL unless Youmagine spun it around or something.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:16 pm

I fixed the scaling and rotation- it should come out correctly now. Sorry about that everyone- I can't quite figure out how to set the XYZ axes from my CAD software yet. I've been rotating things in Repetier and CW to compensate but I suppose it's time to learn the right way to do things :)

maurice

Postby maurice » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:43 am

finally managed to post the picture :)
Attachments
20150320_023440.jpg