Improvement Hack: End Caps for Build Plate (blocks resin)

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Scatterplot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Improvement Hack: End Caps for Build Plate (blocks resin

Postby Scatterplot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Looks great, though I'd guess that seam would be hard to clean and would trap resin, leading to drips and stains. Are you seeing any issues with that? I suppose you could always intentionally fill it with resin then expose it in the sun or a cure box until it solidifies and fills in all the cracks.

maurice

Postby maurice » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:17 am

Aren't there any chemical reactions between the resin and the PLA?

I will try that aluminium tape to simply close the extrusion profile and see if it is practicable.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Kattejuice

Postby Kattejuice » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:02 pm

That looks really neat! I think I'll give it a try once I get my old FFF printer going again. Thanks for sharing!

maurice

Postby maurice » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:22 am

This is my version with the aluminum tape.
So far it still sticks to the build plate.
Attachments
20150123_145813[1].jpg