Modifying the Acer P1283

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Affi75
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Modifying the Acer P1283

Postby Affi75 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 am

After I added the M4 nuts to space forward the zoom / focus lens assembly, the metal arm/screw that is the zoom lever is now caught in the center cutout (the cutout for sliding the lens assembly in/out on removal/install). Being stuck there it can only zoom through a very short middle range. It's no longer possible to zoom all the way in as recommended for use with the LittleRP.

What is the recommended mod for this?
- Try and remove the zoom lever and push the wheel to max zoom before putting the case on
- Live with a medium zoom setting and thus resolution

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Alf

Jeromelab

Re: Modifying the Acer P1283

Postby Jeromelab » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 am

I did the same as you and had the same question when realizing that the zoom screw has to be removed. Hope someone can answer...

Jeromelab

Postby Jeromelab » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 pm

No answer so I putted the zoom on the leftmost position (when looking in the direction of the projection), seems fine, the manual says to put m4 nuts as spacers ... I had to add the washers too, to be able focusing.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:05 pm

For the P1283, I leave the zoom in the middle position. That way we can keep the knob in place and it will go back together like stock. You are welcome to play around though.

reluttr

Postby reluttr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:55 pm

You could try cutting a notch into the tab thats getting caught by the case. :)

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:37 pm

When you modify the P1283's the zoom is essentially disabled. I leave the zoom screw in the center and just align the plastic zoom knob so it fits back over it. You could remove the zoom screw as well if you wanted to select a position other than center.