Projector focus

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
HotRodTractor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Projector focus

Postby HotRodTractor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Kattejuice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kattejuice » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:02 am

I just did the 9 piece grid calibration-thing, but I seem to get no adhesion in the left side of my build plate.

This might also explain why I had the supports fail on my figurines earlier.
I've already tried levelling and re-levelling the build plate a few times.

Any ideas on what could be the reason and how to fix it?

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:01 pm

I'm using the Acer H6510BD.

If it's not adhering to your plate, make sure that area is roughed up a bit. If it's too smooth it won't adhere. If that doesn't help, start increasing your initial layer cure times. Mine worked fine at 8000 ms but you may need more.

Kattejuice

Postby Kattejuice » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:57 am

Ok, I'm now using the third hole, and I can visibly see the overshooting when I focus.

However, still cant get the 9-piece grid properly printed. I have tried increasing the cure times, but I get pretty much the exact same result as the first try ( ).
Any ideas as to why it fails to print one side?

Suggestions are very welcome

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:32 pm

You can try roughing up your plate some more. What cure time are you using for your first layer set? How many high-cure-time layers are you doing? Is your bed level? You should be able to fill the vat with resin, then push the platform down into it and displace ALL of the resin under the plate- it should look like a blank piece of aluminum, with perhaps a little bit of a reddish tint to it. If your plate isn't level then you'll never get full adhesion on that first layer.

Kattejuice

Postby Kattejuice » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm getting adhesion, so the roughening should be fine (when I rotate the build plate it still fails in same side relative to vat/printer). When pushed it all the way down I see the the build plate clearly along all edges, and a thicker reddish tint in the middle. And middle prints perfectly.

I'm using 4,5 seconds cure for layers and 10 layers of 9 seconds for the base.

I have retried a few times with the same settings. Sometimes, actually often, it sticks, but when it does, I seem to "loose it" a few layers after the base layers. It almost seems like my projector is slower at curing that side than the other side, and therefore it gets under-cured and fails. Could this be? :(

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Dang, that's weird. I'll have to bow out of this one then. I've only had my printer for a week or so, sorry!

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:34 pm

The transition from base to layer can be problematic with SubSF, I would try a longer layer time if for only this test piece.

Kattejuice

Postby Kattejuice » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:57 pm