Mounting electronics on the rear panel

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hojalot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mounting electronics on the rear panel

Postby hojalot » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello,
I received my kit last night and just started assembly. The step-by-step instructions ( http://imgur.com/a/fgDPR ) are very helpful.

The rear panel I have looks different than the one shown in the step where the (6) M5x12mm buttonheads and T-slot nuts are are added. I have two smaller offset holes which seem to match two holes on the Arduino electronics, but it's not clear how to mount the board.

Question 1: Does it matter which side the offset holes go, left or right?

Question 2: Is there still a plastic holder for the electronics as shown in the instructions? I didn't get one, which might make sense if a newer mounting method has happened before any documentation changes.

Thanks!

Praesmeodymium

Re: Mounting electronics on the rear panel

Postby Praesmeodymium » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:46 pm

The new version doesn't have the plastic holder, and the electronics mount on the 2 holes I think your talking about. You got 2 extra rubber washers that are used as spacers between the hardware and melamine if you look in the kickstarter kit changes imgur album you can see the mounting without the plastic tab.

http://imgur.com/a/FnRte

hojalot

Re: Mounting electronics on the rear panel

Postby hojalot » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:30 am

Ah, that helps.

Now I also see that I need a few more washers and nuts, so off to the hardware store tomorrow!

Thank you!