First prints! Starting to print.

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
cadsmith
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First prints! Starting to print.

Postby cadsmith » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:04 pm

First off , Thanks to Brad H for this innovative project!
Assembly was easy except for bolt lengths as described in build instructions, so I used some wrong lengths in the build and had to undo a few things, not a big deal. . Documentation was very good. Using the Acer P1500 for projector. I have done several prints to get to this, increasing exposure a bit each time. This is B9 cherry resin. 25 Z, 6 second exposure. cant seem to get the details in. Also some areas didn't grow well. any suggestions?
projector looks quite focused.
Questions:
Is it better to have the hdmi connection rather than the 15 pin D-sub connection? anti aliasing is on.

I need a castable resin, that's why I am trying the B9 resins. I have the cherry and the red resin. any other very good proven castable resins?

The resin in shank area of the rings is kind of mushy, not shiny like the prong area, more exposure time?

I have also tried a more complicated ring at 30 microns with the same roundness and lack of detail.

Thanks
Thomas
Attachments
IMG_0558_20141110_194828.JPG
IMG_0555_20141110_194650.JPG

mammasan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: First prints! Starting to print.

Postby mammasan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:17 pm

I cannot help you but I am due to get my printer shortly so I'd love to see more info about your experience. I have the 6510 projector and some funtodo resin.

I must say for a first print it looks pretty good. Do you see any z axis banding? This seems to be a problem with a lot of printers.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:37 am

mammasan

Postby mammasan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:07 am

Kvirre, can you recommend a good test file to print?

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 am

cadsmith

Postby cadsmith » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:03 pm

I am not getting sharp edges, they are rounding out. I do need to make this resin work or get another very castable resin. We know this resin casts well so thats what Im starting with. More testing both at higher and lower exposures this week. File is attached. I am using the p1500 so my results are based on that projector.
file is in dropbox here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uu9rh8v2wepm ... w8CKa?dl=0

cadsmith

Postby cadsmith » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:28 pm

so the rings on the left are 6 second exposure and the rings on the right are 7 second exposure. Its getting better, but not what i need yet. gonna try 8 seconds? this is a very dense resin.
notice the fail in the top rings. same place on build plate
Also there is unboxing pictures and all the other pictures of taken in this dropbox file. B9 cherry resin

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3egqgew3me2u ... 4JLCa?dl=0
Attachments
Photo Nov 17, 10 35 45 AM.jpg
Photo Nov 17, 10 34 46 AM.jpg
Photo Nov 17, 4 59 50 PM.jpg

mammasan

Postby mammasan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks for the prints and pictures. I have funtodo red resin that I plan on using. Have you printed any calibration files? I'm not interested in the Eiffel tower, I'm looking for something to measure with digital calipers. I need to know dimensional accuracy as well as the ability to have tubes and cylinders printed accurately.

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm

3D Models To Help You Build Better, Faster! | Ghost Capital's 3D Kitbash
3dkitbash.com

Hello Mammasan,

Here is the link to measurable STL files site; few of the sample files are free of charge.

Regards Saeed
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 6.48.02 PM.png

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 am