First prints! Starting to print.

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
EdgE

Re: First prints! Starting to print.

Postby EdgE » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Although I like the 3dkitbash.com website, there are also some free options.
I tried this one before, maybe this will help you also:

Free to download the calibration part at:

mammasan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mammasan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

mammasan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mammasan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 pm

2014-11-26 07.22.11.jpg
Got my LittleRP yesterday and assembled it during work. Hope to start printing tonight. Build was fairly easy, probably would have taken 2 hours straight but I did it in between patients.

mammasan

Postby mammasan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:33 am

2014-11-27 10.15.44.jpg
2014-11-27 10.15.40.jpg
2014-11-27 09.17.27.jpg
Printing with funtodo resin industrial blend. My initial settings were too high and the resin stuck to and ripped the pdms layer. I changed my settings to the following: 4500 for first 8 layers, 800 for rest of layers with 50 micron z resolution. This seems to be working out fine although I think I may be able to decrease the time a little bit. I printed the calibration from the littlerp website and then printed a dental model. Measuring them they are both slightly oversized. The cylinders should be 2mm (as measured in netfabb) an they are about 2.2-2.3 mm. They are mostly round and straight. The dental model that has the cylinder should be 2.2mm and it is closer to 2.8. Otherwise the prints all look pretty good.

So where do I go from here? I am thinking I need to reduce the exposure time and work on making sure the projector is in perfect focus. I will grab better photos after the weekend, my dslr/macro setup is at my office.

mammasan

Postby mammasan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:18 pm

2014-11-28 09.01.59.jpg
Boy I love windows 8. For some reason my laptop loves to change the settings when it restarts and this time it decided to turn off my monitor after 10 minutes of inactivity so I wasted some time this morning. I printed the following test from the LittleRP site. Again, the dimensions are slightly off but the surface finish on it is amazing.

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Very nice looking prints!

Have you used the 10mm grid projection image to test your projector distance/focus?

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi guis,
I am a new owner of the littleRP a got a lot of problems by calibration the z axis. Do you have a tip how to calibrate the dishes and the object holder. whats the exact space between the dish and the z axis and is there a possibility to save it.

Thanks for our help

Kai

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:00 pm

What do you mean calibrating the Z axis? You just want to mash the build plate all the way down to the bottom of the resin plate. With resin in the tank, adjust the screws until it's evenly pushed out over the whole build plate. If you see resin under one area of the plate, loosen the screw(s) on that side of the plate to even it out. The first layer slice won't cure much (if any) resin, that way you know it's good and flat.

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm

I try to explane. when the resin is in the dish how deep must The z-axis (the built plate) vanish in the resin? Or is ist enough that the built plate is one the surface of the resin?

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:55 pm

The build plate needs to sit as far in the resin as possible- touching the bottom of the resin petri dish.

You should be able to see the metal build plate through the bottom of the petri (by looking into the mirror). Does that help?