New member from Raleigh, NC

Take some time to introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turbocharged110
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New member from Raleigh, NC

Postby turbocharged110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:10 am

I've been running (and heavily upgrading) a SeeMeCNC Rostock Max FDM machine since late 2013 and have recently gotten the bug to build a DLP based resin machine. I was originally looking at buying the SeeMeCNC Droplit or LittleRP kits, but several things about each of them has turned me towards designing and building my own (primarily the Z-axis mechanics of the Droplit and front mounted projector of the LittleRP).

As far as my background goes, I'm a mechanical engineer and work in product development/design. I'm a long time car guy (if my name/avatar didn't give that away) with a lot of experience in metal fabrication (machining, welding, etc) and automotive electronics.

I'm looking forward to learning what the is to know about DLP printers so that I can eventually design my own.
Last edited by turbocharged110 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: New member from Raleigh, NC

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:35 am

Welcome to the forums, I'm the admin here and the creator of "Creation Workshop". Search around and feel free to ask any questions.
-Steve

SIDRANA

Re: New member from Raleigh, NC

Postby SIDRANA » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:40 am

Hello,

Welcome to the SLA forum, Pretty much the steps are spelled out on DIY; DLP system on this forum. Any specific question that you may have, take your time to post them here.

Warm Regards

Sid